Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Great Friends Are Hard to Find...

I have recently discovered that there is a risk you take when discussing certain topics with friends. Whether those topics are financial, personal, or just random, things can always take a turn for the worst.

Today the topic of gym trainers came up, and I shared a link with a dear friend of mine. Unfortunately the website that link went to contained an email address for one of my gym's trainers, to which the following email was nearly sent:
Hello <Trainer's Name>,

I have a friend who belongs to your gym and he is in desperate need of physical help. As he is approaching 30, I can't help but feel an emotion of sadness when I gaze upon his body. I have copied Chad in hopes you will confront him at the gym and potentially inspire him to pursue physical activity as you have in your life. I thank you in advance for helping chad become a healthier and better man.

Best wishes


Of course, words were not enough. The following picture was also to be attached to the email:

Now, this dear friend claims that the email was never sent, but I'm completely expecting to be confronted at the gym in the next several days. Here's to hoping for future work outs that are free of awkwardness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.

Anonymous said...

AHH HA HA...Chad really, that pic is going to haunt you for the rest of your life. Your friend was really looking out for you! Whether maliciously or not. LOL.

chadwik66 said...

It may haunt me, but it's too funny not to share. Just think - that jiggly body is up to 8.5 miles at a time on the treadmill. 1/2 Marathon #3, here I come!

John Byun said...

Chad, you've been a good friend and I hate doing this to you but you're going to have to send me a check to replace my glasses. The picture cracked my lens.

Anonymous said...

Dear Chazzy,
Since I have been doing training for many years now, I must say that I think that you have a wonderful physique....it must come from all those years that I made you 3 boys go out and run up Hilton Hill before I lety ou in the house to play Nintendo. What????? You say that you guys just ran down below the rock so I couldn't see you....waited a few minutes and then ran back up acting like you were all out of breath????????AHHHHH! Foiled again! Love, your very proud mom