Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Summer in Limericks

"Oh where, oh where have you been?
You dude with the double stuffed chin.
Last time you did write,
I thought I just might
Cry for you and your corpulent kin."

"Well, the summer vacation was great
Despite the new excess weight
Plus a Ben & Jerry's tour
During a weekend-long Vermont date

Next was the Hall of Fame,
To see the best who have played the game.
Both Rickey and Rice
Delivered quite nice,
But Pete Rose was old, fat and lame.

Let's not forget Carrie and Tim
And her poor judgement in choosing him.
The rain was unplanned,
But Greystone Manor was grand
To prove they are more than a whim."

"But what of this move to New York?
You socially awkward dork.
With a great deal of fear,
The last I did hear,
Is you partied with Jay-Z and Bjork!"

"To believe that you'd have to be dim,
For I'm not rich, smart or slim.
But my college friend Joe,
Which must be more fun than IBM*

And for my birthday I did get to see
Accompanied by a symphony
My man crush Ben Folds
Whose voice is like gold
And nearly makes me go pee.

So I will, with all of my might
Try much, much harder to write
On a regular basis
About far away places
Or maybe just more nonsensical shite"


*Give me a break - it almost rhymes


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- I understand the Nobel Comittee for Literature is open to the idea of more Americans winning the prize.

Just not you :)

Glad you are posting again, you'd better win one more APBA game.

DH

Anonymous said...

My son - You are an amazing writer
Love mom