Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Gratuitous Plug

I'll keep this one short and sweet. My good buddy Tim is a cook. Not just a cook, but a chef - and a damn good one at that. He actually rolls his own pasta by hand, knows where to find fresh zucchini buds and goat's milk at a moment's notice and prepared a full meal for his own 150 person wedding.

Being that I love to eat, drink and be merry, I dive head first into his mounds of delicious Italian goodness whenever I get a chance. Luckily for the good folks of Southern Maine, Tim and his wonderful wife have started Ancora Pasta:
"A family-run business that prides itself on producing fresh, dried, and frozen artisanal pasta the way it has been for centuries: by hand."
If you have a chance, stop by il pettine ed il ferretto or one of the many farmer's markets they attend and treat yourself to some of the best pasta this side of Italy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds fabulous. We'll be having pasta tonight now.

Have you found any outrageously good spots in NY yet?

DH

Carrie said...

Wow, Chad, that sounds amazing. JK, thanks for the free advertising and your nice thoughts. Shall we send you a bag of pasta now? ;-)

Carrie said...

Crap, I posted a comment but I think I erased it erronesouly. Anywho...

Thanks for the free advertising and your nice thoughts. We'll send you your bag of pasta next week. ;-)

Carrie said...

Oh, wait, I didn't erase it, you have to approve it. Remember when I emailed you because I was an idiot and needed your technical assistance? Yeah, I didn't get any smarter. Okay, bye.

chadwik66 said...

Ahhh...entertainment like the 3 above comments get me through the day.

Carrie said...

You know I love you while deep-down hating you, right? Or is it the opposite? And, by the way, I DO know how to spell erroneously.