Monday, January 19, 2009

Thank you Freddie Mac, but you've done enough

So the last thing I want to do on this blog is get political or start talking about money. I mean, that's about as exciting as seeing me bend over to pick up a towel in the locker room, although not as disturbing.

That being said, I did want to write a bit about the clusterf*@k that is our economy, specifically the housing situation. I'll not get into details, but I figure I should get this little blurb out:

Freddie Mac - STOP ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO MISS MORTGAGE PAYMENTS!

Now, they may not come right out and say it, but denying a potential refinancer with the feedback being "if the mortgagor becomes delinquent, they should reapply" sends a pretty clear message - commit fraud and we'll help you. Apparently being irresponsible in lending up to this point has not taught them a lesson, so why not keep doing it. Needless to say, some crack downs are needed at the highest levels, as well as some jail time.

And with that I'll step off my soap box. I'll try for a little more entertainment value next time...

-Chad

No comments: