Monday, August 4, 2008

Fat Man Singing

If you're seeing this post, it means I haven't had time to write in a day or so. Please enjoy until I find a much needed WiFi fix...


A huge part of my running and work out schedule is the music I listen to. I will spend literally hours making new play lists when my current one gets stale. It's something that was passed down from my mother after watching her work on aerobics tapes, and I've definitely got to thank her for that some day.

But enough of the chit-chat. Here are 25 of my favorite work out songs for your enjoyment. Feel free to post your own:

Warm Up:
Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind - 4:29
Baba O'Riley - The Who - 4:14
Carolina Blues - Blues Traveler - 4:43
Peaches - The Presidents Of The United States Of America - 2:52

Setting Your Pace:
Underground - Ben Folds Five - 4:11
Rockin' The Suburbs - Ben Folds - 4:59
Everlong - Foo Fighters - 4:10
Such Great Heights - The Postal Service - 4:27
Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz - 3:41
The Rockafeller Skank - Fatboy Slim - 6:56
That Was A Crazy Game Of Poker (Live Version) - O.A.R. - 12:52
Machinehead - Bush - 4:16
When You Were Young - The Killers - 3:40

Really Pushing It:
Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm - 3:29 - Yup, this is a Michael Jackson cover
Somebody Told Me - The Killers - 3:18
Headstrong - Trapt - 4:46
Song 2 - Blur - 2:01
Mr. Brightside - The Killers - 3:43
Everything Zen - Bush - 4:38
Chop Suey! - System of a Down - 3:31
All These Things That I've Done - The Killers - 5:02

Cool Down:
Mr. Jones - Counting Crows - 4:32
Brian Wilson - Barenaked Ladies - 4:45
DARE - Gorillaz - 4:04
Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers - 5:35


And believe it or not, I actually use iTunes to get my music. No Russian websites, CD swapping rings or BitTorrent for me.

1 comment:

John Byun said...

We have similar tastes in music. I too used to be adamant about downloading my music for free but since iTunes is so convenient, I can't help but just buy the songs on there. I truly miss the days of free Napster!